Dark Chocolate Mini Pancakes
- Serves about 50 pancakes
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 15 minutes
Per serving (2 pancakes): Calories 82, Protein 2 g, Fat 4 g, Carbohydrates 9 g, Fibre 1 g, Iron 1 mg, Calcium 26 mg, Sodium 64 mg
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) flour
10 ml (2 tsp) baking powder
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) 2% milk
125 ml (1/2 cup) dark chocolate (70%), cut into little pieces
- 1.25 ml (¼ tsp) salt
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla
- Powdered sugar, to taste
- In a bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla. Gradually add the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Add the chocolate pieces and stir.
- Melt a little butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Pour about 15 ml (1 tbsp) of batter per pancake. Cook for 1 minute, until bubbles form on the surface of the pancake. Flip and cook for 30 seconds. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Sprinkle the pancakes with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.
Vanilla Strawberry Coulis
Place 450 g (1 lb.) strawberries, 60 ml (1/4 cup) sugar and 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla in a mixing bowl. Blend for 30 seconds, until smooth. Heat in the microwave for 3 to 4 minutes, until the texture is syrupy.