Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Serves 12 cookies
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 14 minutes
250 ml (1 cup) unbleached all-purpose flour
2.5 ml (½ tsp) baking powder
60 ml (¼ cup) unsalted butter, softened
180 ml (¾ cup) brown sugar
125 ml (½ cup) chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) vanilla
- Place the rack in the centre of the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add the egg and vanilla and then beat until smooth. Use the mixer at low speed or a wooden spoon to fold in the dry ingredients and chocolate chips.
- Use a spoon to place 30 ml (2 tbsp) of cookie dough onto the sheet, leaving about 5 cm (2 in.) between each cookie, and then gently flatten them with your fingertips.