Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- Serves 8
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Refrigeration 3 hours
- Cook time 15 minutes
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) chocolate cookie baking crumbs
1 packet (7 g) powdered gelatin
310 ml (1 1/4 cups) cooking cream (15%)
125 ml (1/2 cup) brown sugar
125 ml (1/2 cup) creamy peanut butter
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) of melted butter
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) of sugar
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) of roasted peanuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a bowl, mix the baking crumbs with the butter and sugar. Spread the mixture evenly in a pie pan. Press the crumbs against the sides to form a crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool on the counter.
- Pour 60 ml (1/4 cup) of water into a small bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin in and let it bloom.
- Mix the cream with the brown sugar in a pot. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Whisk in the gelatin and then add the peanut butter. Pour the prepared ingredients into the crust. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Sprinkle with roasted peanuts before serving if desired.
Did you know…
A good peanut substitute
It would be a shame to miss out on this treat because of a peanut allergy! Did you know that you can replace peanut butter with almond, pea or soy butter? You’ll hardly notice a difference in taste, and everyone will be able to enjoy!