Chocolate Raspberry Pie
- Serves 10
- Prep time 20 minutes
- Refrigeration 2 hours
- Cook time 12 minutes
Per serving: calories 493; protein 5 g; fat 35 g; carbohydrates 42 g; fibre 7 g; iron 6 mg; calcium 64 mg; sodium 89 mg
We never get tired of chocolate. And this chocolatey delight is brightened up by tart red berries—give into the temptation!
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) chocolate cookie crumbs
110 ml (1/3 cup + 2 tbsp) butter, melted
450 g (1 lb) dark chocolate (70%), chopped or chips
250 ml (1 cup) 15% cooking cream
500 ml (2 cups) raspberries
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) sugar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) corn syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a bowl, mix the baking crumbs with the sugar and melted butter.
- Spread the crumb mixture evenly in a deep 23 cm (9 in.) springform pan. Press the crumbs into the bottom and walls of the pan with the back of a spoon to form a crust.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- While the crust is baking, place the chocolate and corn syrup in a bowl.
- In a pot, heat the cream until it starts to simmer. Pour the warm cream over the chocolate and corn syrup. Let it melt for 2 to 3 minutes, then stir with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Cut half of the raspberries in half and spread them over the crust. Cover with the chocolate filling. Smooth out the surface. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Top with the rest of the raspberries before serving.