Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Serves 22 cookies
- Prep time 20 minutes
- Refrigeration 1 hour
- Cook time 14 minutes
Per cookie: Calories 182; Protein 2 g; Fat 9 g; Carbohydrates 23 g; Fibre 2 g; Iron 2 mg; Calcium 18 mg; Sodium 56 mg
Rediscover the comforting taste of hot chocolate in this decadent cookie recipe, the perfect treat for kids and parents alike!
- 300 g (⅔ lb.) dark chocolate (70%), cut into pieces
- 60 ml (¼ cup) margarine
- 180 ml (¾ cup) flour
- 5 ml (½ tbsp) baking powder
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 eggs
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 250 ml (1 cup) sugar
- 250 ml (1 cup) mini marshmallows
- 60 g (2¼ oz.) milk chocolate, cut into pieces
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) of your favourite Christmas sprinkles
- In a bowl, melt the dark chocolate with the margarine in the microwave. Let cool, and then stir.
- In another bowl, mix the flour with baking powder and salt.
- In a third bowl, mix eggs with vanilla and sugar. Add the melted chocolate and stir.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until evenly mixed. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F).
- Form 22 balls, using about 15 ml (1 tbsp) of cookie dough for each. Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving 7.5 cm (3 in.) of space between each one. Gently flatten each cookie.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and top the cookies with mini marshmallows. Bake for another 2 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let cool on a rack.
- Melt the milk chocolate in a bain-marie water bath.
- Use a small spoon to drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookies. Top with sprinkles.