- Serves 8 à 10
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Refrigeration 30 minutes
- Cook time 30 minutes
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) 15% cooking cream
250 ml (1 cup) brown sugar
60 ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
23 cm (9 in) pie crust
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) pecan halves
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) flour
- 2 eggs
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) whisky and maple syrup liqueur
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a pot, bring the cream to a boil over medium heat with the brown sugar, maple syrup, flour, and whisky liqueur if desired, whisking. Let cool.
- Add the eggs, stirring. Pour into the pie crust and top with pecans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Refrigerate for 30 to 45 minutes before serving.
Follow all the steps of the recipe above. Cover the pie with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Place the pie in the freezer. It will keep for up to three months. The night before your meal, let the pie thaw out in the refrigerator. When ready to eat, remove the plastic wrap and aluminum foil, and then reheat the pie in the oven for 30 minutes at 160°C (320°F), until heated all the way through.