Lemon Oregano Pork Chops
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 6 minutes
60 ml (¼ cup) flour
180 ml (¾ cup) plain breadcrumbs
10 ml (2 tsp) oregano, dried
15 ml (1 tbsp) lemon zest
4 boneless pork chops
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Set out three deep plates. Place the flour in the first one. Beat the eggs in the second one. Mix the breadcrumbs, oregano and lemon zest in the third one.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper and coat them in flour. Dip them into the beaten eggs, and then coat them in the breadcrumbs mix.
- Heat a little olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Sear the chops for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Bake for another 4 to 5 minutes.
Goat Cheese Rosée Sauce
Heat 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Cook 1 chopped onion and 15 ml (1 tbsp) minced garlic for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the contents of 1 can (398 ml) diced tomatoes with Italian spices, 30 ml (2 tbsp) tomato paste and 60 ml (¼ cup) creamy goat cheese. Stir. Blend into a smooth puree with an immersion blender. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring, and let simmer for 4 to 5 minutes over low heat.