Filet Mignon with Pepper Sauce
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 10 minutes
This easy recipe for filet mignon with pepper sauce is a barbecue classic!
80 ml (⅓ cup) cooking cream (15%)
125 ml (½ cup) beef stock
4 filet mignon steaks, 180 g (about ⅓ lb) each and 2 cm (¾ in) thick
250 ml (1 cup) demi-glace sauce
15 ml (1 tbsp) three peppercorn blend
- 5 ml (1 tsp) garlic, minced
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Melt a little butter in a pot over medium heat. Cook the peppercorn blend and garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add the demi-glace sauce and stock. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour in the cream and let simmer for 2 minutes. Set aside in a warm place.
- Place the steaks on a hot, well-oiled grill. Close the lid and cook the steaks for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until rare. Serve with the sauce.
Heat 125 ml (½ cup) canola oil in a pot over medium heat. Cut 6 large shallots into rounds. In a bowl, mix the shallots with 45 ml (3 tbsp) flour. Shake to remove the excess flour. Fry in the oil for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring, until the shallots are golden-brown and crispy. Dry the shallots on a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.