Italian Steak Skewers
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Marinating 1 hour
- Cook time 10 minutes
Steak skewers packed with Italian flavours, yours to enjoy!
675 g (1½ lb) beef, cut into cubes for skewers
30 ml (2 tbsp) sun-dried tomato pesto or tomato pesto
15 ml (1 tbsp) pine nuts, chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp) parmesan, grated
80 ml (⅓ cup) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) basil, chopped
- In a bowl, mix 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil with the pesto, pine nuts, parmesan and basil.
- Pour half of the prepared ingredients into an airtight bag. Add the beef cubes and refrigerate for 1 to 24 hours. Keep the other half of the marinade in the refrigerator. It will be served with the meal.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a griddle pan over medium-high heat. Thread the beef cubes onto the skewers. Grill the skewers for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, until medium-rare.
- Pour the remaining marinade over the skewers before serving.