Greek-Style Grilled Chicken Legs
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 40 minutes
3 tomatoes, diced
250 ml (1 cup) Kalamata olives, pitted
15 ml (1 tbsp) oregano, chopped
4 chicken legs, skin on
125 ml (½ cup) feta, crumbled
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 205°C (400°F).
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the onion for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, olives and oregano.
- Distribute the mix into a large baking dish and place the chicken legs on top. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink in the centre and the meat easily separates from the bone.
- Remove the skin from the chicken legs if desired. Serve with the tomato mix and garnish with feta.
Garlic Butter Linguine
Cook 250 g linguine al dente in a pot of boiling, salted water. Drain. Melt 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook 15 ml (1 tbsp) minced garlic for 1 minute. Add the pasta and heat for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring. Garnish the pasta with 30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped parsley and 60 ml (¼ cup) grated parmesan.