Monterey Jack BBQ Chicken
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 30 minutes
125 ml (½ cup) BBQ sauce
2 tomatoes, diced
4 chicken skinless breasts
375 ml (1½ cups) Monterey Jack, shredded
8 strips of precooked bacon, crumbled
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) soy sauce
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 205°C (400°F).
- In a bowl, mix the barbecue sauce with the tomatoes, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce if desired.
- Add the chicken breasts and stir to fully coat the meat with the sauce.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes, until the centre of the chicken is no longer pink.
- Sprinkle the breasts with cheese, bacon, and green onion, if desired.
- Brown under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes.
Side dish idea
Green and Yellow Beans with Hazelnuts
Cook 450 g (1 lb.) green and yellow beans in a pot of boiling, salted water for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain. Melt 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the beans for 2 to 3 minutes with 80 ml (⅓ cup) chopped hazelnuts and 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh thyme. Season with salt and pepper.