Orzo and Turkey Bowl
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 15 minutes
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) of orzo
6 slices of Olymel nitrate-free smoked turkey breast
4 large bocconcinis, sliced
12 cherry tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) of olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) of lemon juice
- 1 carrot, peeled
- A few small leaves of fresh basil
- Cook the orzo al dente in a pot of boiling, salted water. Drain. Drizzle with olive oil and let cool.
- Use a spiralizer, mandoline or peeler to cut the zucchini into spirals. Cut the carrot into thin julienne strips if desired.
- Roll up the turkey slices and then cut each roll in half.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the orzo into four airtight containers. Top with the zucchini, turkey rolls, bocconcini, cherry tomatoes, and carrot strips if desired. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the bowls. Garnish with basil leaves if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.