Salsa Chicken en Papillote
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 15 minutes
4 chicken breasts, skinless
3 tomatoes, diced
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 green pepper, diced
30 ml (2 tbsp) basil, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 5 ml (1 tsp) sriracha sauce
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix the tomatoes with the red onion, pepper, basil, lemon juice, olive juice, and sriracha sauce, if desired. Season with salt.
- Place the chicken on the hot, well-oiled grill. Close the lid and cook for 15 to 18 minutes, turning the breasts a few times, until the chicken is no longer pink in the centre.
- Tear out a large sheet of aluminum foil. Cover the aluminum foil with parchment paper. Place the salsa in the centre of the parchment paper. Fold the edges of the sheets together to form a sealed pack.
- Place the salsa pack on the hot grill and close the lid. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Top the chicken breasts with the salsa.
Lemon Butter Rice
Bring 500 ml (2 cups) water to a boil in a pot. Add 250 ml (1 cup) basmati rice, rinsed and drained. Cover and cook over low heat for 12 to 15 minutes, until the liquid is fully absorbed. Remove the pot from the heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Add 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter, cut into cubes, 15 ml (1 tbsp) lemon zest and 15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper, and stir well.