Beef Stroganoff Express
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 14 minutes
You thought Beef Stroganoff was just for the weekend? This recipe will show you just how easy it can be.
1 package (350 g) linguine noodles
10 mushrooms, sliced
500 g (about 1 lb) medium ground beef
1 can (284 ml) condensed cream of mushroom soup
125 ml (½ cup) cooking cream (15%)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) smoked paprika
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 10 ml (2 tsp) garlic, minced
- Cook the pasta al dente in a pot of boiling, salted water. Drain.
- Heat the oil in another pot over medium heat.
- Sear the onion, mushrooms, and the pepper and garlic, if desired, for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the meat and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream of mushroom soup, cooking cream and smoked paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Divide the pasta into the plates. Top each serving with the sauce.