- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 32 minutes
2 small eggplants 400 g (about 1 lb) each
450 g (1 lb) lean ground pork
375 ml (1½ cups) frozen diced vegetables mix, thawed and drained
180 ml (¾ cup) four cheese tomato sauce
250 ml (1 cup) mozzarella shredded
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Cut the eggplants in two lengthwise. Scoop out the middle of the eggplants with a spoon, leaving a 2 cm (¾ in) edge. Chop up the eggplant flesh that has been removed.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggplant flesh with the ground pork, mixed vegetables, tomato sauce and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the eggplants with the prepared pork.
- Place the stuffed eggplants in a baking dish and garnish with mozzarella. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the meat is cooked.
- Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes under the broiler, until the cheese has browned.
Easy Caesar Salad
In a salad bowl, whisk together 80 ml (⅓ cup) of mayonnaise, 15 ml (1 tbsp) of lemon juice, 10 ml (2 tsp) of chopped capers and 5 ml (1 tsp) of Dijon mustard. Add 500 ml (2 cups) of shredded romaine lettuce, 250 ml (1 cup) of plain croutons, 80 ml (⅓ cup) of crumbled, cooked bacon and 80 ml (⅓ cup) of grated parmesan. Stir.