Creamy Butternut Penne
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 15 minutes
Per serving: calories 549; protein 22 g; fat 16 g; carbohydrates 82 g; fibre 8 g; iron 4 mg; calcium 300 mg; sodium 632 mg
750 ml (3 cups) penne pasta
1/2 butternut squash, peeled and diced
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) chicken stock
125 ml (1/2 cup) cooking cream (15%)
160 ml (2/3 cup) parmesan, grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) thyme, chopped
- Cook the pasta al dente in a large pot of boiling, salted water. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a little olive oil in another pot over medium heat. Cook the squash and onion for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the stock and the thyme, if desired. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 8 to 10 minutes over low heat, until the squash is cooked.
- Add the cream and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper, and stir well.
- Use an immersion blender to puree into a smooth sauce.
- Add the pasta to the sauce.