- Serves 6
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 1 hour 40 minutes
Per serving: Calories 595, Protein 37 g, Fat 40 g, Carbohydrates 21 g, Fibre 1 g, Iron 3 mg, Calcium 77 mg, Sodium 643 mg
180 ml (¾ cup) ketchup
60 ml (¼ cup) molasses
60 ml (¼ cup) Worcestershire sauce
80 ml (⅓ cup) blond beer
2.2 kg (4.8 lb) baby back ribs
- 1.25 ml (¼ tsp) liquid smoke
- Preheat the grill to medium heat, until the temperature reaches 165°C (325°F).
- In a bowl, mix the ketchup, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, beer, and liquid smoke, if desired.
- Brush the ribs with half of the sauce. Set aside the rest of the sauce in a cool place.
- Wrap the ribs individually in aluminum foil.
- Place the ribs on the upper rack of the barbecue and close the lid. Cook for 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours, until the meat easily separates from the bone.
- Adjust the grill to medium-high heat. Remove the aluminum foil from the ribs and cook directly on the grill for another 10 minutes, brushing them with the remaining sauce.