- Serves 6
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 7 hours on low
375 ml (1½ cups) BBQ sauce
15 ml (1 tbsp) smoked paprika
60 ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
15 ml (1 tbsp) onion powder
2.2 kg (4¾ lb) baby back ribs
- In a slow cooker, mix the barbecue sauce, smoked paprika, maple syrup and onion powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the ribs in half and place them in the slow cooker. Stir to ensure the ribs are fully coated with the marinade.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the slow cooker and transfer them to a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Brush the ribs with the barbecue sauce.
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes under the broiler.
Side dish idea
Baked Potato Wedges
Cut 4 to 5 large yellow flesh potatoes into wedges. Place the wedges in a bowl with 45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil, 4 minced garlic cloves and 5 ml (1 tsp) Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper, and stir. Place the potato wedges on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 205°C (400°F).