Pork Stir-Fry with Brussels Sprouts and Apples
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 6 minutes
450 g (1 lb.) pork tenderloin, chopped
500 ml (2 cups) Brussels sprouts, cut in half
2 apples, diced
30 ml (2 tbsp) cider vinegar
15 ml (1 tbsp) honey
- 10 ml (2 tsp) garlic, minced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) chives, chopped
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan or wok over medium heat. Cook the pork for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the Brussels sprouts, apples and garlic. Continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the cider vinegar, honey, and chives, if desired. Bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
The smallest member of the cruciferous family is a perfect way to jazz up a meal without piling on the calories! With its cancer-fighting properties and high concentration of vitamin C, potassium and fibre, Brussels sprouts are one of the healthiest choices you can make. Find them hard to digest? Just blanch them in boiling water for 4 minutes before cooking!