Pulled Pork Shepherd’s Pie
- Serves 6
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 35 minutes
3 to 4 potatoes
375 g (about 3/4 lb.) rutabaga
125 ml (1/2 cup) hot milk
1 box (680 g) BBQ pulled pork
160 ml (2/3 cup) Havarti cheese, shredded
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) butter
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) chives, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Peel the potatoes and rutabaga and cut them into cubes. Place the cubes in a pot and cover with water. Season with salt. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes, until tender. Drain and puree with the butter and hot milk.
- Place the pulled pork including the sauce in a microwave-safe bowl and heat the meat in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle with chives, if desired.
- Transfer the pulled pork to a 20 cm (8 in), square baking dish. Cover with the vegetable puree and even out the surface. Top with the Havarti cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Sugar Snap Pea and Shiitake Stir-Fry
Cook 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) sugar snap peas in a pot of boiling, salted water, until tender. Drain. In the same pot, heat 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook 250 ml (1 cup) sliced shiitakes and 1 small onion, chopped, for 2 minutes. Add the sugar snap peas and 5 ml (1 tsp) Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper.