- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 8 minutes
4 sub buns
12 pepperoni slices
150 g (1/3 lb) roast beef, cooked and sliced
12 mozzarella slices
2 tomatoes, sliced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) yellow mustard
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Slice the buns in half. Brush the inside of the buns with mustard. Top with pepperoni, roast beef, mozzarella and red onion.
- Place the subs on a baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish with lettuce, if desired, before serving. Add the tomato slices. Season with salt and pepper.
Baked Sweet Potato Wedges
In a bowl, mix 45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil with 15 ml (1 tbsp) minced garlic and 10 ml (2 tsp) Tex-Mex seasoning. Add 3 to 4 sweet potatoes, cut into wedges. Season with salt and pepper, and stir well. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes at 205°C (400°F), turning the sweet potatoes at the halfway point.