Homemade Gummy Bears
- Serves 450 gummy bears
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Refrigeration 2 hours per candy mold
- 250 ml (1 cup) fruit juice of your choice
- 3 packets, unflavoured gelatin (7 g each)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) sugar
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix a third of the fruit juice with the gelatin. Let bloom for 5 minutes.
- In a pot, heat the rest of the fruit juice with the lemon juice and sugar until it starts to simmer.
- Heat the gelatin in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Pour the gelatin into the pot, whisking. Heat until it starts to simmer. Remove from heat.
- Fill bear-shaped candy molds, using a dropper if needed. Let cool, then refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours. Remove from the mold and repeat with the rest of the gelatin preparation.
Avoid using pineapple, kiwi or honeydew melon juice: these fruits contain an enzyme that prevents gelatin from setting.