Banana Cream Pie
- Serves 8 to 10
- Prep time 15 minutes
1 package (250 g) of cream cheese, softened
60 ml (1/4 cup) of sour cream
1 banana, ripe mashed into a puree
1 Graham cracker crust
180 ml (3/4 cup) of whipping cream (35%)
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of sugar
- 15 ml (2 tbsp) of lemon juice
- 10 to 12 maraschino cherries
- Use an electric mixer to mix the cream cheese with the sour cream and sugar.
- In another bowl, mix the banana puree with the lemon juice. Add to the cream cheese mix.
- Pour the prepared ingredients into the crust.
- Use an electric mixer to whip the cream at high speed until firm peaks form. Fill a pastry bag fitted with a star tip with the whipped cream and decorate the banana pie with rosettes.
- Decorate with cherries if desired.
Mix it up
A little variety
To impress guests with a dessert that’s trendy but unique, why not serve this pie in dessert cups? Place 250 ml (1 cup) of Graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of four cups and then divide the banana and cream cheese mix into the cups. Top with whipped cream and decorate with a cherry.