Pecan and Coffee Cake
- Serves 10
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 30 minutes
Per serving: Calories 385, Protein 5 g, Fat 32 g, Carbohydrates 22 g, Fibre 1 g, Iron 1 mg, Calcium 36 mg, Sodium 54 mg
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Dissolve the coffee in 15 ml (1 tbsp) hot water.
- In a bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter with the powdered sugar until creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating constantly. Gradually add in the flour, pecans and coffee.
- Grease a square, 20 cm (8 in) baking dish, sprinkle with flour and pour in the batter. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the cake is golden-brown and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from the baking dish and let cool on a rack.
Side dish idea
Maple Sugar Whipped Cream
Use an electric mixer to whip 250 ml (1 cup) 35% whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add 30 ml (2 tbsp) maple sugar and whip at high speed until stiff peaks form.