- Serves 6
- Prep time 25 minutes
- Cook time 20 minutes
Per serving: Calories 410, Protein 17 g, Fat 4 g, Carbohydrates 81 g, Fibre 16 g, Iron 6 mg, Calcium 173 mg, Sodium 1,484 mg
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 4 tomatoes
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) minced garlic
- 375 ml (1½ cups) tomato sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chili seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (540 ml) mixed beans, drained
- 250 ml (1 cup) corn kernels
For the topping
- 125 ml (½ cup) sour cream
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) yellow cheddar, shredded
- Chop the onion and dice the vegetables.
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat. Brown the onion. Add the peppers, carrot and celery. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and chili seasoning. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Add the beans and corn. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the sour cream with the cilantro and cheddar.
- Divide the chili into the bowls and top with the sour cream mix.