- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 7 hours on low
Per serving: Calories 259, Protein 15 g, Fat 3 g, Carbohydrates 47 g, Fibre 12 g, Iron 6 mg, Calcium 196 mg, Sodium 309 mg
Slow-cooked chickpeas and vegetables are as satisfying as they are comforting with this Moroccan stew!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small eggplant, cut into cubes
- 60 ml (¼ cup) cilantro leaves
- In a slow cooker, mix the tomatoes with the chickpeas, ras el hanout, zucchinis, onion, and eggplant, if desired.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Top each serving with yogurt and the cilantro, if desired, before serving.
Side dish idea
Smoked Paprika Toasted Pitas
Cut 4 pitas into 8 triangles. In a bowl, mix 80 ml (⅓ cup) olive oil with 5 ml (1 tsp) mild smoked paprika, 2.5 ml (½ tsp) crushed coriander seeds and 2.5 ml (½ tsp) cumin seeds. Brush the pita triangles with the flavoured oil. Place the pitas on a baking sheet and toast in the oven at 190°C (375°F) for 5 to 8 minutes until the triangles are crispy and golden-brown.
Leave a comment