- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 7 hours on low
1 can (796 ml) diced tomatoes
1 can (540 ml) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
15 ml (1 tbsp) Ras el hanout or couscous spices
2 zucchinis, diced
125 ml (½ cup) plain Greek yogurt (0%)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small eggplant, cut into cubes
- 60 ml (¼ cup) cilantro leaves
- In a slow cooker, mix the tomatoes with the chickpeas, ras el hanout, zucchinis, onion, and eggplant, if desired.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Top each serving with yogurt and the cilantro, if desired, before serving.
Side dish idea
Smoked Paprika Toasted Pitas
Cut 4 pitas into 8 triangles. In a bowl, mix 80 ml (⅓ cup) olive oil with 5 ml (1 tsp) mild smoked paprika, 2.5 ml (½ tsp) crushed coriander seeds and 2.5 ml (½ tsp) cumin seeds. Brush the pita triangles with the flavoured oil. Place the pitas on a baking sheet and toast in the oven at 190°C (375°F) for 5 to 8 minutes until the triangles are crispy and golden-brown.