- Serves 6
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 15 minutes
2 containers, three mushroom blend (227 g each)
80 ml (1/3 cup) shallots, chopped
1.25 l (5 cups) chicken stock
180 ml (3/4 cup) cooking cream (15%)
180 ml (3/4 cup) white wine
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) butter
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) garlic
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) flour
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) parsley, chopped
1. Melt the butter in a pot over medium heat.
2. Cook the mushrooms for 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer a quarter of the mushrooms onto a plate and set aside.
3. Pour the white wine into the same pot. Bring to a boil and heat until all of the liquid has evaporated.
4. Add the shallots, chicken stock, garlic and flour. Bring to a boil, stirring.
5. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes over medium-low heat.
6. Add the cream. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil again, and then remove the pot from the heat.
7. Reheat the mushrooms that were set aside in the microwave for a few seconds.
8. Divide the soup into the bowls. Garnish each serving with the remaining mushrooms. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Side dish idea
Garlic Gorgonzola Croutons
Cut 1/4 of a baguette into 12 slices. Mix 150 g gorgonzola cheese with 30 ml (2 tbsp) softened butter, 30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped parsley and 5 ml (1 tsp) minced garlic. Spread the prepared ingredients onto the baguette slices. Brown under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes.