- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 2 minutes
Per serving: Calories 476, Protein 22 g, Fat 31 g, Carbohydrates 26 g, Fibre 2 g, Iron 2 mg, Calcium 186 mg, Sodium 878 mg
Lobster season is just around the corner, so make the most of it with this classic lobster roll recipe—the whole family will love it!
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) softened butter
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped chives
- 8 leaves Boston lettuce
- In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the lemon zest, celery, red onion, and chives, if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the lobster meat and stir.
- Butter the outside of the hot dog buns.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-low heat. Brown the buns for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Fill the buns with the Boston lettuce, if desired. Top with the lobster mix.
Side dish idea
Cut 4 yellow flesh potatoes into sticks and rinse under cold water. Drain and dry on a dishcloth. Heat 2 l (8 cups) canola oil in a deep fryer or a large pot until it reaches 180°C (350°F) on a cooking thermometer. If you are using a pot, make sure the oil doesn’t overheat and catch fire. Fry a few potato sticks at a time for 2 to 3 minutes, without letting them brown. Dry them on a paper towel. Fry the potato sticks again for 2 to 3 minutes before serving, until they are golden-brown and crispy. Season with salt and pepper.
Leave a comment