Salmon Fillets, White Wine Mushroom Sauce
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 20 minutes
Calories 466, Protein 33 g, Fat 30 g, Carbohydrates, 8 g, Fibre 1 g, Iron 1 mg, Calcium 66 mg, Sodium 103 mg
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 ml (2 tsp) garlic, minced
- Preheat the oven to 205°C (400°F).
- Heat a little olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Cook the salmon fillets for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Cook the salmon for another 8 to 12 minutes, until it flakes easily with a fork.
- While the salmon is cooking, heat a little olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Cook the mushrooms, onion and garlic for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the white wine and let simmer until the liquid has fully evaporated.
- Add the cream and stir. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Season with freshly ground salt and pepper.
- Serve the salmon fillets onto plates. Top with the mushroom sauce and then garnish with dill.
Lemon Almond Green Beans
Cook 20 to 25 green beans in a pot of boiling, salted water for 4 to 5 minutes. Drain. In the same pot, melt 15 ml (1 tbsp) butter over medium heat. Cook the green beans and 60 ml (¼ cup) sliced almonds for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring from time to time. Add 10 ml (2 tsp) lemon zest and 10 ml (2 tsp) lemon juice. Season with freshly ground salt and pepper. Stir.
I did it with chicken and it came out really good. Thank you for the recipe. Want over spaghetti.??????
This was very tasty and a nice twist on a salmon dinner.