One-Pot Salmon Orzo
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 12 minutes
Per serving: Calories 648, Protein 43 g, Fat 25 g, Carbohydrates 59 g, Fibre 3 g, Iron 2 mg, Calcium 69 mg, Sodium 1,004 mg
A one-pot delight packed with nutritional benefits!
750 ml (3 cups) fish stock
375 ml (1½ cups) orzo
12 to 15 asparagus, cut into pieces
1 skinless salmon fillet, 600 g (about 1⅓ lb.), cut into cubes
18 to 20 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 onion, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) garlic, minced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) dill, chopped
- Heat a little olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Cook the onion and garlic for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the fish stock and orzo. Bring to a boil. Stir.
- Add the asparagus, salmon cubes, cherry tomatoes, and dill if desired. Cover and cook for another 7 to 10 minutes, stirring gently from time to time. Season with pepper.