Chicken Noodle Soup
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 21 minutes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) of Minced garlic,
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) of chopped parsley
- Heat a little olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Cook the celery, carrot, onion, and garlic if desired for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken and stir. Simmer over medium-low heat for 12 to 17 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti noodles. Stir and cook for another 8 minutes, until the pasta is cooked al dente and the chicken is no longer pink in the centre.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving if desired.
How to make your soup more flavorful
Mom’s soup was always the best, but you can make your soup just as tasty! The next time you roast a chicken, freeze the bones and carcass. When you’re ready to make soup, simply place the chicken carcass or bones in the stock to give it extra flavor. Bring the stock to a boil and then let it simmer over low heat with the other ingredients. Remove the carcass before serving and enjoy. Less food waste, more flavor!