- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 12 minutes
Per serving: Calories 359, Protein 9 g, Fat 18 g, Carbohydrates 39 g, Fibre 1 g, Iron 2 mg, Calcium 104 mg, Sodium 124 mg
250 ml (1 cup) flour
45 ml (3 tbsp) cornstarch
5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
30 ml (2 tbsp) maple syrup
60 ml (¼ cup) canola oil
- Preheat the waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour with the cornstarch and baking powder.
- In another bowl, use an electric mixer to whisk together the maple syrup and eggs for 4 to 5 minutes. Gradually whisk in the oil and milk.
- Gradually whisk the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Use cooking spray or oil to grease the plates of the waffle iron. Pour about 180 ml (¾ cup) of the batter into the waffle iron for each waffle. Cook until the waffle is golden-brown and crispy. Repeat with the rest of the batter to make four waffles.