Raisin and Nectarines French Toast
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 8 minutes
Per serving: Calories 353, Protein 11 g, Fat 13 g, Carbohydrates 48 g, Fibre 3 g, Iron 2 mg, Calcium 136 mg, Sodium 302 mg
250 ml (1 cup) milk
8 slices raisin bread
2 nectarines, cut into wedges
30 ml (2 tbsp) honey
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) brown sugar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
- Preheat the oven to 120°C (250°F).
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and brown sugar. Place the slices of raisin bread into the bowl and let soak for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the bread slices for 2 minutes on each side. Place the slices on a baking sheet and set aside in the oven.
- In the same frying pan, cook the nectarines for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the honey and stir. Serve with the French toast.
Side dish idea
Cardamom Mascarpone Topping
Mix 180 ml (3/4 cup) mascarpone with 60 ml (1/4 cup) milk, 1.25 ml (1/4 tsp) cinnamon, 2 pinches ground cardamom and 45 ml (3 tbsp) honey.