- Serves 20 squares
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 35 minutes
Per serving (1 square): Calories 310, Protein 5 g, Fat 13 g, Carbohydrates 44 g, Fibre 2 g, Iron 1 mg, Calcium 76 mg, Sodium 101 mg
This colourful dessert tastes like home!
- 250 ml (1 cup) butter, softened
- 1 egg, separated
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) cornstarch
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a bowl, mix the flour with the brown sugar, oats and butter. Stir until grainy.
- Remove half of the prepared ingredients and mix it with the egg white. Spread this preparation evenly into a 33 cm x 23 cm (13 in x 9 in) baking dish lined with parchment paper. Press the ingredients down. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix the sweetened condensed milk with the blueberries, egg yolk, cornstarch, and lemon zest, if desired. Cook in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes on high, until it has a thick, smooth consistency. Cook for a little longer if necessary. Transfer the filling into the baking dish and cover with the remaining half of the oats preparation. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Leave a comment