Chocolate Apple Lollipops
- Serves about 8 apple slices
- Prep time 15 minutes
Per serving (1 slice): Calories 259, Protein 2 g, Fat 12 g, Carbohydrates 35 g, Fibre 2 g, Iron 0 mg, Calcium 69 mg, Sodium 36 mg
These apple slices are covered in chocolate, studded with candy and sure to delight both young and old!
250 g (about ½ lb) milk chocolate, cut into pieces
125 g (about ¼ lb) white chocolate, cut into pieces
2 large apples
coloured sprinkles, to taste
chocolate candy, smarties or m&m’s, to taste
- Melt the milk chocolate and white chocolate separately in two bain-marie, without stirring.
- Cut the apples into slices, following the instructions given below. Place the slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Use a spoon to cover the apple slices with the melted milk chocolate.
- Use a fork to drizzle the melted white chocolate over the apple slices.
- Decorate the slices with the sprinkles and candy. Let set for a few minutes in the refrigerator.
How to make apple pops
Use an apple corer to remove the apple cores. Cut each apple in four slices, about 1 cm (½ in.) thick, so that each slice has a hole in the centre. Insert a wooden stick into the bottom of each slice, without pushing it through to the hole.