Chocolate Caramel Lava Cake
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 10 minutes
Per serving: Calories 336, Protein 5 g, Fat 23 g, Carbohydrates 29 g, Fibre 1 g, Iron 1 mg, Calcium 37 mg, Sodium 69 mg
80 g (about 2¾ oz) dark chocolate (70%), cut into pieces
60 ml (¼ cup) butter
60 ml (¼ cup) sugar
4 soft caramels
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) flour
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bain-marie.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar.
- Add the melted chocolate and flour to the bowl. Stir.
- Grease four 180 ml (¾ cup) ramekins. Fill two thirds of each ramekin with the prepared chocolate. Place a caramel in the centre of each ramekin. Cover with the rest of the prepared chocolate.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the edges of the cakes are firm.
In a mixing bowl, puree 500 ml (2 cups) raspberries with 45 ml (3 tbsp) honey and 10 ml (2 tsp) lemon juice. Use a fine strainer to filter the ingredients.