Chocolate Truffle Hearts
- Serves 24 truffles
- Prep time 25 minutes
- Refrigeration 30 minutes
- Freezing 30 minutes
These heart-shaped chocolate truffles are the perfect treat to serve on Valentine’s Day. These goodies are so easy to make, they’ll be done before you know it! What more can you ask for?
- 24 chocolate sandwich cookies (like Oreo)
- 1 container (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 200 g (about 1/2 lb.) white chocolate, cut in pieces
- 200 g (about 1/2 lb.) dark chocolate chips
- Heart-shaped sprinkles
- Using a food processor, pulse the cookies until they turn into crumbs.
- Add the cream cheese and mix until smooth.
- Turn out the mixture onto a cookie sheet and cover with parchment paper. Press into an even layer, about 1 cm (1/2 in.) thick. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Use a small heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out shapes. If desired, shape the remaining mixture into balls.
- Place the truffles back on the cookie sheet and reserve in the freezer.
- Use a double boiler to melt the white and dark chocolate, separately.
- Dip half of the truffles in the white chocolate and the other half in the dark chocolate. Place them on the cookie sheet.
- Top with the sprinkles before the chocolate sets. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.