Classic Lemon Pie
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 35 minutes
Per serving: calories 365; protein 5 g; fat 17 g; carbohydrates 47 g; fibre 1 g; iron 1 mg; calcium 25 mg; sodium 157 mg
Top it off with a dollop of whipped cream and a mint leaf for an even more indulgent treat!
300 g (2/3 lb) pie dough
160 ml (2/3 cup) lemon juice
15 ml (1 tbsp) lemon zest
250 ml (1 cup) sugar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) cornstarch
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface into a circle of about 22 cm (8¾ in). Place the dough in a 20 cm (8 in) springform pan.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs together with the lemon juice, zest, sugar, cornstarch and melted butter. Pour into the crust.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.