Double Chocolate Cookies
- Serves 24 cookies
- Prep time 20 minutes
- Cook time 8 minutes
Per cookie: Calories 218; Protein 3 g; Fat 12 g; Carbohydrates 24 g; Fibre 1 g; Iron 1 mg; Calcium 31 mg; Sodium 182 mg
Looking for an easy and delicious dessert for Christmas dinner? Try these decadent chocolate cookies—they’re ready in under 30 minutes!
- 560 ml (2¼ cups) all-purpose flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking soda
- 5 ml (½ tsp) salt
- 2 sticks Becel salted margarine (250 ml – 1 cup)
- 250 ml (1 cup) firmly packed brown sugar
- 60 ml (¼ cup) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 60 ml (¼ cup) cocoa powder
- 375 ml (1½ cups) milk chocolate, cut into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- In a bowl, mix the flour with baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, mix the margarine with the brown sugar and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until evenly mixed. Add the cocoa.
- On two baking sheets lined with parchment paper, form 24 balls using about 15 ml (1 tbsp) of cookie dough for each, leaving 5 cm (2 in.) of space between them. Gently flatten the cookies and top them with chocolate pieces.
- Bake each of the baking sheets for 8 minutes, until the edges of the cookies are fully cooked. Remove the baking sheets from the oven and let cool on a rack.