Beef and Yogurt Casserole
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 35 minutes
There are endless possibilities for beef! Adding yogurt is an ideal way to get off the beaten track!
1/2 a 500 g box Tortiglioni noodles
450 g (1 lb) ground beef
500 ml (2 cups) tomato sauce
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) plain Greek yogurt
80 ml (⅓ cup) parmesan, grated
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) thyme, chopped
- 5 ml (1/2 tsp) of nutmeg
- Cook the pasta al dente in a large pot of boiling, salted water. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, preheat the oven to 205°C (400°F).
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat. Cook the ground beef for 4 to 5 minutes, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon.
- Add the sauce and thyme, if desired. Bring to a boil. Add the pasta and stir.
- In a bowl, mix the yogurt with the eggs and the nutmeg, if desired.
- Transfer the prepared pasta into a 20 cm (8 in.) baking dish. Cover with the yogourt mix and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.