- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 7 minutes
Per serving: Calories 360, Protein 40 g, Fat 11 g, Carbohydrates 11 g, Fibre 23 g, Iron 1 mg, Calcium 175 mg, Sodium 481 mg
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) flour
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 205°C (400°F).
- Place the Corn Flakes in an airtight bag and seal the bag. Using a rolling pin or a bottle, gently crush the cereal until it is coarsely ground.
- Set out three deep plates. Pour the flour in the first. Beat the eggs in the second. Place the cereal breadcrumbs in the third. Add the Italian seasoning to the cereal, if desired.
- Coat the veal cutlets with flour, dip them in the beaten eggs and then coat them with the breadcrumbs.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Sear the cutlets for 1 minute on each side.
- Place the cutlets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Top with tomato sauce and cover with mozzarella. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes.
Tofu Penne Pasta
Cook 250 ml (1 cup) penne al dente in a pot of boiling, salted water. Drain. In the same pot, heat 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil over medium heat. Cook 1 chopped onion, 1 carrot cut into thin julienne strips and 180 ml (¾ cup) firm tofu cut into thin julienne strips for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the pasta. Season with salt and pepper and heat for 1 minute, stirring.
Leave a comment