Bacon-wrapped Mini Meatloaf
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 30 minutes
Per serving: Calories 645, Protein 36 g, Fat 39 g, Carbohydrates 34 g, Fibre 2 g, Iron 4 mg, Calcium 76 mg, Sodium 886 mg
- Also needed
- 2 onions (1 finely chopped and 1 thinly sliced)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) garlic, minced
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Heat a little olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook the chopped onion and garlic for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the ground beef with the egg, breadcrumbs, half of the barbecue sauce and the sautéed onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Form four patties in the shape of beef filet mignon. Wrap a slice of bacon around each one and use a toothpick to fix it in place.
- Place the mini meatloaves on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- While they are baking, mix the rest of the barbecue sauce with the minced onion in a pot. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 2 to 3 minutes on low, stirring.
- Top the meatloaves with sauce before serving.
Maple Potato Wedges
In a bowl, mix 3 or 4 potatoes cut into wedges with 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil, 30 ml (2 tbsp) maple syrup and 5 ml (1 tsp) paprika. Spread the potato wedges out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 180°C (350°F), turning the potatoes frequently, until they are tender.
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, but avoid excessive handling for a moist meatloaf. Form into a loaf and place in a baking dish or loaf pan.