Mini Meatloaves au Gratin
- Serves 4 (8 mini meatloaves)
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 18 minutes
450 g (1 lb.) of medium ground beef
12 saltine crackers, crushed into breadcrumbs
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) of pizza sauce
30 ml (2 tbsp) of salad seasoning
250 ml (1 cup) of shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- In a bowl, mix the ground beef with the saltine breadcrumbs, salad seasoning and half of the pizza sauce.
- Oil 8 cups of a muffin tin and distribute some of the prepared beef into each of them. Top with the rest of the sauce and the mozzarella. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until the mini meatloaves are no longer pink in the centre.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool. Remove the mini meatloaves from the muffin tin and then refrigerate to cool completely.
- Place the mini meatloaves in a large airtight bag. Remove the air from the bag and seal it. Place the bag in the freezer.
- The night before your meal, let the number of portions you wish to prepare thaw out in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, reheat the mini meatloaves in the oven at 190°C (375°F) for 12 to 15 minutes, or reheat them in the microwave.
Side dish idea
In a bowl, mix 3 to 4 potatoes, cut into wedges, with 30 ml (2 tbsp) of olive oil, 15 ml (1 tbsp) of Greek seasoning, 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) of paprika and 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) of powdered garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the potatoes out in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake them for 20 to 25 minutes at 190°C (375°F), turning them over at the halfway point.