Spinach and Ricotta Beef Gratin
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 20 minutes
Per serving: Calories 555, Protein 42 g, Fat 38 g, Carbohydrates 14 g, Fibre 6 g, Iron 5 mg, Calcium 625 mg, Sodium 448 mg
250 ml (1 cup) frozen diced vegetable mix
450 g (1 lb) lean ground beef
500 g (about 1 lb) frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
250 ml (1 cup) light ricotta cheese
250 ml (1 cup) Monterey Jack, shredded
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) garlic, minced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) paprika
- Preheat oven to 205°C (400°F).
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat. Cook the diced vegetables with the garlic for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the beef. Season with salt and pepper and stir. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until the beef is no longer pink. Add the paprika, if desired.
- Distribute the prepared beef into four ramekins. Top with the spinach and then the ricotta. Cover with Monterey Jack.
- Bake for 20 minutes.