Beef and Rice Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 25 minutes
340 g (¾ lb.) medium ground beef
375 ml (1½ cups) cooked rice
2 stalks celery, diced
2 large bell peppers, 1 red, 1 green
375 ml (1½ cups) shredded white and yellow cheddar blend
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 10 ml (2 tsp) garlic, minced
- 10 ml (2 tsp) fresh thyme, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 205°C (400°F).
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the beef and onion for 2 to 3 minutes until the beef is no longer pink. Let cool.
- Add the rice, egg, celery, garlic, and thyme, if desired.
- Cut the pepper in half. Remove the seeds and stuff with the prepared beef. Place the stuffed peppers in a casserole dish and cover with cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes.