Salmon and Green Apple Tartare
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
15 ml (1 tbsp) of juice + 5 ml (1 tsp) of zest of lemon
30 ml (2 tbsp) chives, chopped
454 g (1 lb.) Fresh salmon, skin removed and diced
1 package (70 g) Smoked salmon, diced
1/2 a green apple, diced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Shallots, chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Salmon eggs
- In a bowl, whisk the oil with the lemon juice, zest, chives, and shallots if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the diced salmon and apple. Stir.
- Divide the tartare onto plates and garnish each serving wit a few salmon eggs if desired.
A different kind of sweet finish
Want to end the meal on a sweet note? Forget the rich desserts and try the Caramel, Maple and Fleur De Sel popcorn from Gourmaïs Popcorn instead, an artisanal product made with Quebec maple syrup—freshness and quality guaranteed. You can also try this trendy treat as a way to add some kick to your favourite dishes: find the perfect flavour and add a handful to your desserts, terrines, salads or even tartare. It’s a delicious way to mix it up. Gourmaïs is a member of Aliments du Québec and is certified by MAPAQ.