Ham and Potato Croquettes
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Freezing 2 hours
- Cook time 14 minutes
- Mix the chopped ham, mashed potatoes, green onions, parmesan and 125 ml (½ cup) of breadcrumbs in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Form 12 croquettes, using about 80 ml (⅓ cup) of the mixture for each.
- Place the remaining breadcrumbs in a deep plate. Coat the croquettes in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the croquettes for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden‑brown.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool slightly on the counter, and then refrigerate to cool completely.
- Place the croquettes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the freezer for 2 to 3 hours.
- Transfer the croquettes into a large airtight bag. Remove the air from the bag and seal it. Place the bag in the freezer.
- The night before your meal, let the bag thaw out in the refrigerator.
- When ready to eat, reheat the croquettes in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes at 205°C (400°F), turning them at the halfway point, or reheat them in the microwave.
Side dish idea
Cook 250 ml (1 cup) of frozen edamame, peeled, in a pot of boiling, salted water for 3 to 5 minutes. Drain. Heat 30 ml (2 tbsp) of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook 1 red onion, chopped, for 1 minute. Add 500 ml (2 cups) of cauliflower, cut into small florets, the edamame and 1 chopped red pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently.