Sausage and Cheese Croissant Ring
- Serves 6
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 37 minutes
A ring of croissants stuffed with sausage and dripping with melted cheese—sound good? Try this decadent recipe to share with guests, and watch it disappear in the blink of an eye!
450 g (1 lb.) of italian sausages
3 pepper halves, various colours, diced
½ of a 250-g package of cream cheese, softened
2 rolls of croissant dough for 8 croissants, 235 g each
500 ml (2 cups) of shredded Italian four cheese blend
- 1 onion, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Remove the casing from the sausages and break up the meat into pieces.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the sausage for 5 to 6 minutes, further breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon.
- Add the onion and peppers. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and cook, stirring until melted. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out the croissant dough and separate the dough triangles. Place the triangles on the baking sheet in a ring so that the bases overlap and form a circle in the centre.
- Distribute the prepared sausage onto the base of the dough triangles. Cover with half of the cheese. Fold the triangle points over the filling, making sure to tuck the points under the ring. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Side dish idea
Sun-dried Tomato Dipping Sauce
Mix 125 ml (1/2 cup) of plain Greek yogourt with 60 ml (1/4 cup) of mayonnaise, 15 ml (1 tbsp) of lemon zest, 30 ml (2 tbsp) of sun‑dried tomato pesto and 30 ml (2 tbsp) of chopped chives.