Sun-dried Tomato Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 18 minutes
Forget about pork tenderloin drying out on the grill and try this stuffed tenderloin that will melt in your mouth!
- 10 ml (2 tsp) minced garlic
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, mix the sun-dried tomatoes with the parmesan, basil and pine nuts. Add the garlic, if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make a cut in the pork tenderloin lengthwise, but don’t cut all the way through. Place the stuffing along the centre of the tenderloin. Close the tenderloin back up and tie it off.
- Place the tenderloin on the hot, well-oiled grill and close the lid. Cook for 18 to 20 minutes, until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 68°C (155°F) on a cooking thermometer.
How to stuff a pork tenderloin
- Use a chef’s knife to make a cut in the tenderloin, lengthwise. Make sure you don’t cut all the way through.
- Open the tenderloin and place it between two sheets of plastic wrap. Flatten the tenderloin with a meat tenderizer or rolling pin until it is about 1 cm (⅓ in) thick.
- Spread the stuffing onto the tenderloin. Roll the meat up tightly lengthwise.