Chicken Caesar Salad
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 8 minutes
Per serving: calories 340; protein 47 g; fat 9 g; carbohydrates 15 g; fibre 2 g; iron 3 mg; calcium 249 mg; sodium 737 mg
- 1/4 ciabatta baguette
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 450 g (1 lb) grilled chicken, cut into strips
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) light mozzarella, shredded
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh parsley, chopped
For the dressing:
- 90 ml (6 tbsp) plain yogourt (0%)
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) Parmesan, grated
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) milk
- 10 ml (2 tsp) garlic, minced
- 10 ml (2 tsp) lemon juice
- 10 ml (2 tsp) capers, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Cut the baguette into small cubes. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place the prosciutto slices on another baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the prosciutto is golden-brown and crispy. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and break the prosciutto into pieces.
- In a salad bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Add the romaine lettuce, prosciutto, chicken, mozzarella and parsley. Toss.
- Serve the salad on plates. Top with croutons.